Knit Concern is committed to prohibit child labour in any post at any department and section. So, legally no child is recruited in this organization.
Definition of Age wise Worker:
According to Bangladesh Labour law 2006 (Amendment 2013):
- Child: Those who do not crossed 14 years, are considered as child.
- Juvenile: Those who crossed 14 years but do not crossed 18 years are considered as juvenile.
- Adult: Those who crossed 18 years, are considered as adult.
- Primarily investigated by Supervisor/ Incharge.
- Verify by the Compliance/ H.R Officer according to essential documents related to age justification.
- If any doubt raised then send to factory’s Medical officer for final age verification.
Remediate accidental recruitment of underage labor/Child labour
Despite of above mentioned procedures if any child labour recruited and found then following steps are taken:
- After discharging the child worker, a letter is issued towards the parents of that child worker describing that his child will be recruited again as a juvenile worker when the child reached juvenile period.
- The following child’s parents will get the same wages until he reaches to juvenile period as he got while recruitment, but condition applies-
- The child must be studying at school.
- The child must not be used for earning.
- The parents of that child must not remain unemployed.